"Belinder Court Fountain"
Location: Belinder and Tomahawk, Mission Hills, KS
Owner: City of Mission Hills, KS
Photo Credit: Judith Burngen
This fountain was purchased by J. C. Nichols in the early 1920's during a visit to Rio de Janerio. Sources indicate that the 300-year old fountain had been imported to South America from France. The fountain is composed of three marble child figures, arms intertwined, clustered around a pedestal. Each child holds a cluster of grapes. The figures support a retaining basin approximately 10 feet in diameter .