Location: 4743 Broadway, Kansas City, MO
Owner: Highwoods Properties, Country Club Plaza
Dates: Installed in 1930.
Photo Credit: Judith Burngen
Located on the Plaza, this courtyard fountain was originally installed in 1930 and restyled in 1968. Two white marble mermaids dating back more than 300 years rest on either end of a uniquely curved basin. Each statue blows into a shell sending a single stream of water into the pool. A small bronze figure of a kneeling, praying child is in the center of the basin, elevated on a metal drill from which a spray of water surrounds the child. Coins from the fountain are donated to Children's Mercy Hospital.