"Fountain of Bacchus"
Location: 4701 Wyandotte Street, Kansas City, MO
Owner: Highwoods Properties, Country Club Plaza
Although once known as the Pan Fountain, this sculpture is more likely to be the personification of the Greek god Bacchus holding court. The 10,000 pound lead sculpture was purchased by the Nichols Company in 1960 and found this suitable home in Chandler Court on the Country Club Plaza. Bacchus is surrounded by nymphs and satyrs in this 1911 lead statuary acquired from the Bromsgrove Guild of Worcestershire, England.