"Armour Gardens Fountains"
Location: 69th Street at Grand and Rockhill, Kansas City, MO
Owner: Armour Hills Homes Association
Photo Credit: Judith Burngen
Purchased in 1922 by J.C. Nichols in Italy, the original marble fountain consisted of a pedestal resembling a rock formation supporting a saucer carved as a scalloped shell. A youth and an infant were placed in the center of the saucer. Water issued from the summit of the rock formation. The original work was vandalized in 1953 and was replaced by a lead statue of a boy holding a vase, obtained from the Nichols Company. That work was also vandalized. The park and fountain were then restored by the Armour Hills Neighborhood Association.