"Andrew Drips Marker"
Location: 16th & Jarboe, Kansas City, MO
Owner: Kansas City, MO Parks & Recreation
Artist/Designer: Hare & Hare, Landscape Architects
The plaque is set in limestone to the left of the entire monument. The plaque on the west side of the monument depicts a fur trader with an inscription. The plaque on the east side of the monument depicts the figure of an Indian girl, supposed to be Andrew Drip's wife, Mary, of the Oto Nation.
West side: ANDREW DRIPS PARK, KANSAS CITY'S FIRST PARK. THE KEYSTONE TO OUR PARK SYSTEM GIVEN TO THE CITY BY WILLIAM AND CATHERINE DRIPS MULKEY, MAY 5, 1882, IN HONOR OF ANDREW DRIPS.
East side: ANDREW DRIPS, 1789-1860, CELEBRATED IN THE FUR TRADE OF THE MISSOURI RIVER AND THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS. CATHERINE, DAUGHTER BY HIS WIFE, MARY, OF THE OTO NATION, WAS BORN AT THE HISTORIC BATTLE OF PIERRE'S HOLE, JULY 18, 1832. KANSAS CITY WAS THEIR HOME FROM 1839.