Observation Park Fountain
Owner: KCMO Parks & Recreation Department
Dates: Commissioned 1897, Installed 1899
Artist: John Van Brunt
This fountain is on the north side of Observation Park near stairs leading up into the park by the intersection of Holly Street and 20th Street. This wall fountain consists of a lion's head in which water would flow, if the fountain were no longer in operation. The lion is surrounded by ornate floral detail.