Taking up almost the entire median block between W 61st Terrace and W 62nd Street along Ward Parkway, the Mirror Pool Fountain was constructed in 1924 as part of a beautification effort along Ward Parkway. It was originally a reflecting pool but was also used at times for miniature boating and ice skating.
The Mirror Pool was renovated in 1965 at which time 3 sets of spray rings were added to the pool. The middle ring produces higher jets of water giving the Mirror Pool symmetry.
At the north end of the Mirror Pool sits the commemorative plaque for when Ward Parkway was designated a Great Street by the American Planning Association through Great Places in America in 2012.