Jacob L. Loose Memorial
Owner: Kansas City Parks & Recreation Department
Artist: Rudolph Evans
Dates: Dedicated September 26, 1941
Medium: Bronze (sculpture), granite and limestone (base)
Standing at the entrance to Jacob L. Loose Park is a statue of the park's namesake. It is a larger-than-life bronze statue, approximately 8 feet tall. Loose was the founder of the Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company, forerunner of Sunshine Biscuits. He is standing with his left foot out, wearing a morning coat underneath an overcoat and he has his left hand tucked behind his back.
His wife, Ella Clark Loose, purchased and donated 75 acres of the old Country Club Gold Course to the City of Kansas City in 1927 for a park in memory of her philanthropic husband. In 1941, she presented the City with this statue in honor of her husband and it was placed at the entrance to Loose Park near 51st and Wornall and positioned so that he is looking out over the park.