The rose garden in Antioch Park is named in honor of Helen S. Cuddy (1896-1997) for her dedication to park beautification through lifelong service and work in garden club projects. The rose garden contains this fountain, a wide variety of trees, perennials, shrubs, ornamental grasses, a sundial and a gazebo. There are an estimated 500 different roses in the garden. The rose garden was established as a community project of the East Central Kansas Garden Club.
The fountain has a round basin with a water jet in the center. The fountain is surrounded by roses and other ornamental plants. There is a sidewalk around the fountain. A low wall backs the fountain helping separate it from the residences on the other side of the tree line as the garden abuts the north border of Antioch Park. The fountain and the rose garden are located on the north entrance and drive into the park off Antioch Road.