Aleman Court Fountain
Owner: Country Club Plaza KC Partners LLC
This fountain was named after then-President of Mexico Miguel Aleman, who visited Kansas City as part of the first ever state visit of a Mexican president to the United States. President Aleman dedicated this fountain in 1947, with United States President Harry S. Truman and Dwight Eisenhower in attendance.
The fountain sits in a recessed arch topped by a seashell shape in a sunken courtyard outside a restaurant in Country Club Plaza. It features a fish, or dolphin, in a vertical position with its tail up at the base of the seashell in the arch. Water flows out of its mouth into a basin, also shaped like a seashell. The fish and basin sit atop a fluted pedestal and its all made of marble. Water overflows the basin and falls into an oval-shaped basin below.