Owner: Country Club Plaza KC Partners LLC
Artist/Designer: Bromsgrove Guild
Dates: Created in 1911; Installed in 1953
The Neptune Fountain on the Plaza is a favorite. Miller Nichols purchased the 8,000-pound cast lead fountain for its weight in scrap metal. It was found on the top of a train car full of scrap metal by workmen at a salvage company. Installed in the 1950's, the Roman god of the sea moves in his chariot pulled by three attributes, the trident, dolphin and sea horse. The fountain originally came from the Bromsgrove Guild, Worcestershire, England in 1911.