This marble fountain was the first sculpture installed in Mission Hills by the J.C. Nichols Company. The fountain dates back to the 17th century and an Italian villa near Siena, Italy but had been at an English manor for about 80 years prior to being purchased by J.C. Nichols in the early 1920s. It was placed in the median of Brookwood Road at State Line Road and was dedicated on June 24, 1923.
The sculpture consists of three cherubs in various poses around a fluted column and holding different objects, including a serpent, crab, seashell, and fish. A drape of cloth flows over and between the cherubs. The cherubs stand on a pedestal decorated with leaves and molding. A saucer rests upon the top of the fluted column. The fountain sits in the middle of a shallow rectangular pool. The water bubbles up in the saucer and falls to the pool as the saucer fills and overflows.